Ian has an MSc and BA(Mod) in Computer Science from Trinity College Dublin.
They are a Deep Learning Software Engineer Lead at Intel (Movidius).
- 2022 - GNOLL: Efficient Software for Real-World Dice Notation and Extensions (Extended Abstract Under Review for JCDCGGG ‘22, Full Paper Preprint available)
- 2022 - Towards Optimal VPU Compiler Cost Modeling by using Neural Networks to Infer Hardware Performances (Pre-Print. Under Review for NeurIPS 2022)
- 2020 - Effective Index-Mapping of Quantized Values for Low-Precision Neural Networks on Power-Efficient Embedded Devices (Master’s Thesis)
- 2016 - Movidius Fathom: Deep Learning in a USB stick (Demonstration, NIPS ‘16)
- 2014 - Optimizing Web Content Download in Low-Performance Networks (BA(Mod) Final Year Project)
Ian is living in Ireland along the border of the counties of Cavan & Meath. He is enjoying remote working and his dog loves to sit under his desk.
Board Games, Genealogy, Digital Rights, Hackathons, Anime/Manga, War History, Guitar, Copyright Reform, Film, Geocaching, Volleyball, Photography, Tabletop RPGs, Casual Programming, Crafting, Tea/Coffee, Travel, Fantasy Novels, Ethnography, Chillies